[Alsaplayer-devel] Re: synaescope
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 12:20:51 +0000
I've just put the following in the CVS docs/ directory, to answer
this question. ;-)
Synaescope is port of the Synaesthesia program, by Paul Harrison
See http://yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au/~pfh/synaesthesia.html for more
information on Synaesthesia.
It was ported from version 1.3 of synaesthesia, by Richard Boulton.
What does it do?
The documentation for Synaesthesia says:
This is a program for representing sounds visually (from a CD or line
input). It goes beyond the usual oscilliscope style program by combining
an FFT and stereo positioning information to give a two dimensional
display. Some of the shapes I have observed are:
* Drums: clouds of color, fairly high
* Clean guitar: several horizontal lines, low down
* Rough guitar: a cloud, low down
* Trumpet: Lots of horizontal lines everywhere
* Flute: A single horizontal line, low down
* Voice: A vertical line with some internal structure
Surround sound decoding has been added in version 1.1. Ambient noise is
shown in orange.