[Alsaplayer-devel] way too fast

The Mighty Mike Master melanson@pcisys.net
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 12:11:03 -0600 (MDT)

On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, Andy Lo A Foe wrote:

> The main program is expecting a stereo (2 channel) stream all
> the time. So if you have a mono file you need to convert it to stereo
> (easy enough) *inside* the plugin. I know this sucks but the alsaplayer
> internals only handles stereo data correctly.
	Okay, that explains half the problem, then. I changed it so that
the stream is stereo, but it still needs to be knocked down to 50% to be
played at normal speed. Tell me, does AlsaPlayer also expect the stream to
be 16-bit? If that's the case, it would explain the other half of the
slowdown problem, but it doesn't explain to me why the audio still sounds
fine at 50%.

	Thanks...
	-The Mighty Mike Master
	http://tmmm.simplenet.com