[Alsaplayer-devel] Track seeking

Andy Lo A Foe andy@alsa-project.org
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 04:59:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, The Mighty Mike Master wrote:

> 	I asked earlier about incorporating the concept of tracks and
> track seeking into AlsaPlayer for CDDA, MOD, and NSF files. I've been
> browsing through the code and I see what appear to be some facilities to
> support this. Sorry for not looking hard enough.

That's allright, there is no documentation other than the source, my fault
:) But yes, there should be basic support for TRACKS (CHAPTERS as I like
to call them) inside streams. I made these modification when I implemented
the CDDA plugin. My idea of this was to add a menu to the GUI where you
could choose the different chapters..erh track inside a given stream. I'm
open for other GUI suggestions (it is a GUI problem, technically we can
implement track support very easily since the plugin API supports it
already).

> 	Speaking of the status display, I see that there are three pieces
> of info in a stream_info struct: stream_type, author, and title. However,
> only 2 of them, stream_type and title, seem to be displayed. NSF files
> have valid information for the author field and it would be nice to
> display it. Any opportunity for that?

Again a GUI problem. There is no 'space' left for the Author. Again I'm
open for suggestions. A srollable author/title label perhaps?

Regs,
AlsaPlayer, http://www.alsa-project.org/~andy/