[Alsaplayer-devel] hey, while you're around

Andy Lo A Foe andy@alsa-project.org
Fri, 21 Apr 2000 05:21:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 21 Apr 2000, safemode wrote:

> only been looking at it or a couple days.  The problem with skipping
> ahead during a VBR mp3 however is not fixed by this patch, and i'm not

Oh ok, this problem will probably introduce the overhead we were talking
about. But I don't see any other way to accurately determine frames in
VBR's so I guess it will have to go in sometime.

> sure if it's known or not but this new 0.99.32's playlist is
> incompatible with playlists made from any earlier version.=20

Hmm, should not happen. Richard made some radical changes to the playlist
stuff but everything should work. Can you generate a playlist with both
versions of the same directory and then binary compare them?

> i had with putting this code in the mpg123 module was i dont really see
> how i could have easily sent the output of the mp3stat function into the
> main alsaplayer program since it gets it's time from a calculation made
> in the alsaplayer source separate from any module by dividing size by

The mpeg_frame_to_sec() function gives back to the position (in 100/th of
a second I think) for the frame you supply it. This way you can do the
time calculation inside the plugin.

> safemode (Ed Sweetman)

I guess it's your sig file :)

AlsaPlayer, http://www.alsa-project.org/~andy/