[Alsaplayer-devel] working on the patch

Andy Lo A Foe andy@alsa-project.org
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 17:55:45 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 21 Apr 2000, safemode wrote:

> I just wanted to say that the mpg123 source plugin is written in C
> still.. and the makefile reflects this, but my patch uses classes and as
> such is C++.

Can you convert it to C? The mpg123 engine is a bitch to get working with
C++ since it uses a couple of reserved keyword and some other non-C++
friendly things. Yes, we should send some patches to the mpg123 crew to
incorporate these...

> My initial attempt has given me a dct64 undefined symbol
> when trying to load the plugin.

Check the definition of dct64, you might need to put in inside an extern
"C" { } block...

> to change.  I believe i have away of using this patch in the mp3 source
> since the seconds are calculated on a per-frame basis, i assume
> alsaplayer fist accesses the first frame and multiplies it by the total
> frames to get the total time , so i have an if statement that if frame

It simply asks the plugin what the time is for the last frame. So if you
can figure this out with mp3stat() it's quite simple.

> parameter is 0 or 1 to instead of access the single frame bitrate i use
> the avg bitrate of the entire mp3 by using my sub-program.

I presume you have checked the results against a timed playback?

> about getting it to operate correctly for now.  this is against 0.99.32

I might do a .33 release tonight, some changes to the ALSA output plugin.

For everyone, if you send patches to me, please diff on a alsaplayer tree
that is 'distclean' i.e. 'make distclean' before diffing (so there are no
entries for the various Makefile.in files)

Thanks,
AlsaPlayer, http://www.alsa-project.org/~andy/