[Alsaplayer-devel] Automake problems.

Jeremy Erwin jeremy@gmu.edu
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 12:07:36 -0400

Apologies if such a question has been posted on the list before:

In the cvs distribution of alsaplayer, it appears that the following line in
configure.in
AM_PATH_AUDIOFILE(0.1.7, have_audiofilelib=yes, have_audiofilelib=no)
stops compilation cold, with the following error
aclocal: configure.in: 49: macro `AM_PATH_AUDIOFILE' not found in library

commenting out this line allows compilation to proceed...

What is this error caused by?

Currently, I'm trying to compile fromalsa cvs lib. I really don't know whether
the alsa libs are stable enough to make this worthwhile, but I'll take a stab
at it.

Jeremy Erwin
<jerwin@osf1.gmu.edu>