[Alsaplayer-devel] Fwd: alsaplayer and Mandrake 7.1

P Shirkey kotau@firstlinux.net
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 12:10:21 -0700 (PDT)

------------=_964552221-9627-0

=0D
*** There is an attachment in this mail. ***

Want a new web-based email account ? ---> http://www.firstlinux.net

------------=_964552221-9627-0

Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 11:55:59 -0700 (PDT)
From: P Shirkey <kotau@firstlinux.net>
To: alsaplayer-devel-request@lists.tartarus.org
Subject: alsaplayer and Mandrake 7.1

I have finally installed everything successfully.

I have noticed that alsaplayer-0.99.32.tar.bz2 uses pcm to play my cds and that when I play cds and possibly mp3s there is some sort of delay especially in the range of bass drums.

It's either delay or the stereo channels are out of sync.

Also, do the skip buttons work with cds? Am I right in thinking that originally alsaplayer could only play mp3s and that playing cds is a recent addition?

I'll keep testing and keep you informed.

Patrick.