[Alsaplayer-devel]Re: alsaplayer-devel

Jerry Walter Segers segers@eudoramail.com
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 16:40:46 -0700

>Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 23:09:48 -0600 (MDT)
>From: Shaun Kruger <shaun@linuxhost.cc>
>To: ALSA Player Devlist <alsaplayer-devel@lists.tartarus.org>,
>Dirk Vornheder <DVornheder@t-online.de>
>Subject: Re: [Alsaplayer-devel]lirc support
>
>I'm beginning to wonder if the alsaplayer-devel list is actually an active
>list people watch.  Have you heard anything back on your question?  On
>another note, I think it would be nice if the internals of Alsaplayer
>could be merged with XMMS.  Alsaplayer has better audio quality, but XMMS
>has a better UI.  I now live with jitters and other errors.  Now as a
>question directed at the writers of Alsaplayer.  Is there any commentary
>on the structure of how the classes work together?  The code doesn't seem
>to be commented very well and I'm not that good at making sense out of it.

I agree Shaun. Alsaplayer is not currently hacker friendly.  I think that some explicit coding/commenting guidelines might be in order.  I cannot yet program, but I'm working my way through Stroustrup, and the man & info pages for ld.  I have put my first attempt at a developer readme @ http://alsaplayer.electrondreams.com/  I like the concept of alsaplayer and think that it can be saved. Consequently, I don't want it integrated into xmms and forgotten.  For understanding the structure, try source navigator, It can tell you what functions call what functions, and many other things.