[Alsaplayer-devel]Re: alsaplayer problem (high speed, no sound)

brian@corvil.com brian@corvil.com
Tue, 04 Dec 2001 14:56:35 +0000

Hi,

>This is where I come to the second problem.  I've only tried this with mp3
>files, but in that case it plays the file at high speed and doesn't produce
>any sound.

I've been trying to track down the problem and have found that the call
to snd_pcm_write returns a negative value which snd_strerror tells me
means "Invalid argument".  I've checked the value of
snd_pcm_channel_status.status and it's SND_PCM_STATUS_PREPARED.

Based on this, can anyone point me in the direction of what might be
going wrong?

Brian

VirusChecked by the Incepta Group plc