[Alsaplayer-devel]ideas about gui design.

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey@boosthardware.com
Sun, 16 Dec 2001 18:35:30 +0900

Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> >
> > You still around Andy?
> >
> > Must be getting kind of nervous about now ;-]
> >
> > If you are in the mood, what is the chance that the playlist open dialog
> > can be universal for every alsaplayer that is being run?
> >
> > I find that having just two players open really clutters my desktop. If
> > this is to succeed we would need to provide a way to send each file or a
> > selection of files to a specific gui. Eventually it would be drag and
> > drop but apparently gtk doesn't support that quite yet. For now it could
> > be a right click menu or even a menu on the side with the buttons.
> >

> Thinking on this some more. The easiest way to get this working would be
> to start the program with the add file(s) gui and run everything from
> that.

No. Now I think it would center around the playlist gui. Possibly to
have a wide and short gui for that with multiple lists. I'm not sure
whether each list should have it's own buttons or just one set but I
think I have the concept now.

(Rolling up sleeves and cracking knuckles)

Let's get it on.