[Alsaplayer-devel]some ideas ..

CK x@meta.lo-res.org
Wed, 26 Dec 2001 17:31:52 +0100 (CET)

hi,

There are 2 features that I'd like to see in alsaplayer, if I find the
time I might do it myself but I'm neither particularily comfortable with
c++ nor did I really find my way around in the sources at first glance.

in the first stage I'd like to have an output plugin to a file/pipe (should
be reasonably easy to do, modifiying the existing ones)

plus a interface plugin that will listen on a tcp (or udp) port which can
update various parameters (BTW where is the pitch ?? which var is _really_
responsible, some half hearted grepping didn't make this clear to me)

any pointers are very welcome

in a second stage I'd like to get rid of all the IO and interface stuff
and do a pd-external where inlets emulate the ui and the engine is loaded
by pd as a shared lib - is this feasible ?

thanks in advance,

chris@lo-res.org	Postmodernism is german romanticism with better
http://pilot.fm/	special effects. (Jeff Keuss / via ctheory.com)