[Alsaplayer-devel]Bugs in 0.99.33-pre2

Andy Lo A Foe andy@alsa-project.org
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 09:11:10 +0100 (CET)


On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Ivo Timmermans wrote:

> Hi all, and Andy in particular :)

Howdy :)

> 1. (Bug#86374) Filenames that contain international characters are
>    truncated[1]
> 
>    I think there's a bug in showing unicode characters with the `add
>    file to playlist' dialog.  The submitter's files are in latin2, but
>    they are loaded from a Windows partition.

I'm counting on GTK+ to take care of unicode support. But perhaps we are
cutting off the string prematurely. Would be nice to check for this
"bug" in other GTK+ file dialogs. I'm not sure how to recreate this
however.

Bug#86376 is Xanim related!?

> 2. (Bug#86376) problems with a specific mp3 file that plays fine on
>    other players[2]
> 
>    This is a really weird bug.  I tried the file mentioned in the bug
>    report, (I mirrored techsupt.mp3[3]), and it plays horribly wrong.
>    mpg123 and xmms both play the file correctly.

Ok, I fixed this but I don't know if it'll break other songs again since
the fix consisted of uncommenting some code that was already in. I'll
leave this in since I realize now that this is the right thing to do(tm).
If other songs break that'll simply mean there is another bug somewhere
else. The Spacescope is a nice debugging tool BTW *g*

Expect a new release by then end of this week...

Thanks,
Andy
--
AlsaPlayer, http://www.alsaplayer.org/