[Alsaplayer-devel]some ideas

Andy Lo A Foe andy@orbital.xs4all.nl
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 19:58:02 +0200

On Sun, Jun 17, 2001 at 09:16:36PM -0700, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> >I'm digging in the source-code of alsaplayer to better understand it, but
> >it's hard from time to time. Is there any documentation about design
> >concepts?
> >

> Only the code.

That's right. If you want to write plugins the *_plugin.h files should
have enough information to do so. The existing plugins are also good
examples. If you have other questions feel free to throw them on the
devel list.

> > I don't need all the visual addons, is it possible to
> >compile the player without those?

Yes, simply remove the subdirs from the Makefile.am in the scopes
directory. Also remove the references to the specific scopes from te
configure.in line near the bottom of the file. Then run "autoreconf" to
rebuild the autoconf stuff...

Regards,
Andy