[Alsaplayer-devel]Compile fails

Ilkka Tuohela ilkka.tuohela@nixu.com
Sun, 9 Sep 2001 08:55:41 +0300

On Sat, 08 Sep 2001, Andy Lo A Foe wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 08, 2001 at 01:39:41PM -0400, Justin wrote:
> > Hi, Andy!
> >
> > I'm afraid I'm getting similar errors as Dirk is, even though the
> > bootstrap script is using /usr/local/share/aclocal:
>
> Hmm, try removing the -I /usr/local/share/aclocal flag. I got similar
> errors when I had both an ORBit.m4 in /usr/local/share/aclocal and
> /usr/share/aclocal.
>
> > aclocal: configure.in: 54: macro `AM_DISABLE_STATIC' not found in library
> > aclocal: configure.in: 55: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found in library
> > failed!
>
> You must have libtool installed in order to compile from CVS (both these
> macros are defined in libtool.m4).
>
> > Slightly different messages, especially at the end.  I'm afraid I'm
> > learning as I go here, so I'm not sure what's wrong at this point. :-/
> > Sorry!
>
> Me too :-)
>
> Hope this helps...

I had some trouble with bootstrap on friday. I took fresh CVS tree,
the bootstrap called ltconfig and wanted configure.in, but I had
only configure.ac there... seems this was fixed later, though.

Anyway, could we check for /usr/local/share/aclocal and add the flag
only if the directory is there? On debian woody I had to create that
directory myself just to compile, nothing will be installed there
because all libraries needed are in /usr/share/aclocal. Just small
glitches, nice work after all.

--
       /"\                           |    Ilkka Tuohela / Nixu Oy
       \ /     ASCII Ribbon Campaign |    ilkka.tuohela@nixu.com