[Alsaplayer-devel]device button

Andy Lo A Foe andy@alsaplayer.org
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 11:29:35 +0200

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 06:02:39PM +0900, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> I like that better. ADD and ClOSE. Can we have that instead Andy?

Hehe, just added that before reading this mail :-)

> >- You can easily see which output device a selected for the window at
> >your hands
>
> Of course.

This will require some modification of the AlsaNode class. On the other
hand, it should be possible to instantiate multiple AlsaNode classes
(i.e. open multiple soundcards for output) in the same application.

> >- Load a song to a named window from command line easily
> >- Could we automatically start an alsaplayer configured for multiple
> >sound cards with multiple windows, each for one configured interface.
> >This should be in preferences, with the interface naming >functionality.

A new interface plugin is in order. I was thinking about a split window
interface, where left you have controls for one soundcard, and right for
the other, or similar. The possibilities are only limited by spare time
:-)

> I am also working on a dj interface. It is just a matter of getting the
> little things sorted and then joining it all together. Could be finished
> within a year if I'm lucky or other people join in.

Oh... :)

> >I'm really not an expert in user interfaces but I really can tell which
> >small things annoy me.
>
> Let us know because we may be working on/toying with related issues when
> you do.

Yes, we are finally looking at UI issues...

The dialog changes are in CVS.

Regards,
Andy