[Alsaplayer-devel]Audio only?

Shaun Kruger shaun@linuxhost.cc
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 15:58:40 -0600 (MDT)

Hey, this was just a thought that crossed my mind, but has anyone else
considered making alsa player a full media player with MPEG-2/DVD
capabilities?  Perhaps something with an adjoining Apache MPEG streaming
module.  How much would the internal structures of CorePlayer have to
change for this sort of thing?  I would love to do this, though sadly I
have little history of getting code out the door.  I'll see if I can thorw
together a spec for what I hope to do and post it here by the end of the
week.  It'll take some code grepping and header reading first.  Andy, is
there any plan for getting a good class library reference written?
Something with Class name,args,returns,and a paragraph summary.

Does anyone have sugestions, flames, greater levels of enlightenment they
would like to share with me before I get started?  I would surely be happy
to hear them.

Shaun