[Alsaplayer-devel]python interface plugin

Andy Lo A Foe andy@alsaplayer.org
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 19:38:55 +0200

On Sun, Apr 14, 2002 at 12:29:41AM +0700, Evgeny Chukreev wrote:

> execl ("/usr/local/bin/alsaplayer", "blah-blah-blah");
> alsaplayer will has 'blah-blah-blah' in argv[0]. ;)

Also true, the default value is the program name however :)

A while ago I tried to distinguish different threads by renaming them,
however Linux doesn't have this ability AFAIK. I.e. all threads you
spawn will be called 'blah-blah-blah' if the parent is called
'blah-blah-blah' so top or ps cannot tell you which thread is which...

Andy