[Alsaplayer-devel]python interface plugin

Evgeny Chukreev codedj@echo.ru
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 00:44:12 +0700

On Sat, 13 Apr 2002 19:38:55 +0200, Andy Lo A Foe <andy@alsaplayer.org> wrote:

ALAF> > execl ("/usr/local/bin/alsaplayer", "blah-blah-blah");
ALAF> > alsaplayer will has 'blah-blah-blah' in argv[0]. ;)
ALAF> Also true, the default value is the program name however :)
so what about to fix code which i have talked about?
I am trying to proof that argv[0] may has path + name instead of name
only.

ALAF> A while ago I tried to distinguish different threads by renaming them,
ALAF> however Linux doesn't have this ability AFAIK. I.e. all threads you
ALAF> spawn will be called 'blah-blah-blah' if the parent is called
ALAF> 'blah-blah-blah' so top or ps cannot tell you which thread is which...
sometime I treat this as feature - with this you can killall threads
use only one cmd:
killall alsaplayer
;)

--