[Alsaplayer-devel]python interface plugin

Andy Lo A Foe andy@alsaplayer.org
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 20:22:15 +0200

On Sun, Apr 14, 2002 at 12:44:12AM +0700, Evgeny Chukreev wrote:

> so what about to fix code which i have talked about?
> I am trying to proof that argv[0] may has path + name instead of name
> only.

With exec*() you can always do the right thing by passing the needed
command line interface right in the argv array, so fixing the argv[0]
scanning is IMHO not really needed. The idea of this hack was really to
be useful from the command line :)
My bet is that noone will ever use this method to select the interface
and purposely also include a path name.

> sometime I treat this as feature - with this you can killall threads
> use only one cmd:
> killall alsaplayer

Yeah, there are always trade-offs :)

Andy