[Alsaplayer-devel] midi plugin

Greg Lee greg@ling.lll.hawaii.edu
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 14:18:33 -1000 (HST)

alsaplayer aborts with signal 11 on my system, after I
updated from CVS a couple of hours ago.  I removed midi-in
from the input/ directory, to make sure it wasn't me
causing it.  It wasn't.  The text interface is ok.  When
I start the gtk interface under gdb, after showing four
threads created, gdb says ptrace can't find a thread.

I've had the midi plugin look for it's patch initialization file
first in ~/.alsaplayer/ .  I plan to automate the construction
of the patch initialization file for arbitrary soundfonts,
so users can put a soundfont in ~/.alsaplayer/, the plugin
will notice the soundfont there on startup and create a
patch init file for it.  Does that sound reasonable?

Speaking of initialization, are the _init and _shutdown
procedures for input plugins going to be called one of
these days?  When _shutdown is called, what am I supposed
to do?  During playing, using a soundfont, I have the
soundfont open and lots of memory malloc'd.  Must I free
the memory, or does that happen automatically when I am
unplugged.

One more thing.  Making commits is really quite a job for
me, because I have to do everything one step and one file at a time.
For each changed file, I have to remove my changed version,
update that file to get the old version, substitute my changed
version, and commit it.  Because there's something wrong with
my CVS account -- cvs keeps aborting with the message:
  Could not chdir to home directory /home/users/p/pg/pglgreg: No such file or directory
My best guess is that there is some mismatch between the path
of my personal page on sourceforge and what cvs is assuming about
that path.  Any suggestions?

Greg Lee <greg@ling.lll.hawaii.edu>