[Alsaplayer-devel] midi plugin

Greg Lee greg@ling.lll.hawaii.edu
Sat, 13 Apr 2002 15:11:35 -1000 (HST)

On Sun, 14 Apr 2002, Andy Lo A Foe wrote:
> I made some changes to the playlist stuff. Did the gtk interface build
> OK?

Yes.

> Can you do a backtrace (bt) after the crash?

(gdb) run
Starting program: /b/SOUND/APLAYER/alsaplayer/app/alsaplayer
[New Thread 1024 (LWP 6585)]
[New Thread 2049 (LWP 6586)]
[New Thread 1026 (LWP 6587)]
[New Thread 2051 (LWP 6588)]
ptrace: No such process.
(gdb) bt
fetch_registers: td_ta_map_id2thr: no thread to satisfy query
(gdb)

> Everything that you allocate is your responsability. data that is shared
> between multiple instances should be alloc/deallocated in
> init()/shutdown().

As far as I know, there will be only one instance of midi-in, if it's
to work.  (Is the cross-fade actually implemented, so there will actually
be more than one instance?  If so, I could experiment with trying
to get multiple instances to work.  But as you know, midi-in is
not reentrant.)

Why should data be deallocated in shutdown()?  I'm willing to work
on this if there is some real point to it.  Does something bad happen
if I leak?

Greg Lee <greg@ling.lll.hawaii.edu>