[Alsaplayer-devel] midi plugin

Andy Lo A Foe andy@alsaplayer.org
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 05:55:11 +0200

On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 03:11:35PM -1000, Greg Lee wrote:

> As far as I know, there will be only one instance of midi-in, if it's
> to work.  (Is the cross-fade actually implemented, so there will actually
> be more than one instance?

You can activate "crossfading" with the -x option. It will just jump to
the next song near the end of the current song, so no real crossfading
yet. It will however cause 2 instances of the same plugin to be active
if the current and next song are handled by the same one.

> If so, I could experiment with trying
> to get multiple instances to work.  But as you know, midi-in is
> not reentrant.)

Yep, the code will be compatible with non-reentrant plugins, but if at
all possible, an input plugin should always try to be reentrant (one of
the main reasons I switched from mpg123 to mad, making mpg123 reentrant
was going to be hellishly painful!)

Andy