[Alsaplayer-devel]simple player example

Andy Lo A Foe andy@alsaplayer.org
Wed, 24 Apr 2002 11:58:57 +0200

On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 07:43:14PM +1000, Jason Lewis wrote:

> They work on a working instance of alsaplayer. How do i create an
> alsaplayer instance in my application?

Hmm, there is currently no call in libalsaplayer that creates an
instance. What you can do for now is to do the following:

/* Fires up a new alsaplayer with session name "my instance".
   Using some variant of the exec* C call is preferable. */

system("alsaplayer -s \"my instance\" &");

And then get the session id:

session_id = ap_find_session("my instance");

After that you can call the different ap_*_* with session_id.

I will add som kind of mechanism to create instances from libalsaplayer.
Note that these will still be separate processes.

Andy