[Alsaplayer-devel]control.h

Patrick Shirkey kotau@firstlinux.net
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 04:52:31 -0700 (PDT)

-- Andy Lo A Foe <andy@alsaplayer.org> wrote:
>On Sun, Apr 28, 2002 at 04:23:53AM -0700, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>
>> Is this the code I will need to get multiple alsaplayer guis from a
>> single playlist?
>
>No, to have multiple "views" of the same playlist you just need to
>register multiple PlaylistView's. Each registered view will get notified
>of any changes in the playlist.
>BTW, I added a C-style interface to the Playlist class, to eliminate the
>need of pure virtual member functions.
>
>Andy

Sorry I meant multiple versions of the player not the playlist. I was thinking I would like to have one playlist and multiple players that are created by clicking a "new" button on the playlist gui. The user would then send a selected song to a particular gui.

Now I think about it some more though I can see that that would get very confusing if the user had a large playlist.

Better would be to have the ability to add a new song to a playlist but to only have one version of the open dialog to save on window space. That would require a send button and a newgui button being part of the open dialog gui.

I'll have to look into that some more because I have a vague recollection that the open dialog is created in the gtk code not the alsaplayer code. If anyone can see how to do this please let me know.

The reason I want this is because I get tired of constantly opening and closing the open dialog when I would prefer it to always be available. The problem then becomes the open dialog hogs the window space with two or more players open at one time.

I'm also thinking that a completely seperate version of the code for the cj interface may be slightly redundant. Better would be to have the slide out box that you talked about last year and call that the cj version.

Of course if you don't see a need for the way that playlists are handled to be changed in the default gui then I should keep the code seperate.

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd
For the discerning hardware connoisseur

Want a new web-based email account ? ---> http://www.firstlinux.net