[Alsaplayer-devel]mpeg layer 3 plugin too old?

Andy Lo A Foe andy@alsaplayer.org
Sun, 10 Feb 2002 12:36:03 +0100

On Sun, Feb 10, 2002 at 09:56:10PM +1100, David Burrows wrote:

> http://www.ugh.net.au/~snadge/test.mp3 - is the first few hundred K of
> such an example.

There's definitely something weird going on. Altough madplay does play
the file, alsaplayer is a bit more picky. mpg123 0.59r gives a lot of
weird errors on this file too. The find_initial_frame() function
correctly skips the ID3 tag, but it looks like there is more non-MPEG
information right after the end of the ID3 tag. I will check if this is
fixable. This is why I prefer .ogg files over .mp3 anyday :-)

> Well its kind of tounge in cheek.  Alsaplayer as far as I can tell does
> not have any kind of framework for a control plugin so I hacked
> CorePlayer.cpp to spawn another thread called joystick_func, which simply
> interprets the axis values as speed changes.  Its pretty hackish, if
> anyone is interested I can send the changes.  It doesn't update the GUI
> controls or display.

socket interface! (Ok, I'll stop mentioning this until I have a
working version :-)

Andy