[Alsaplayer-devel]mpeg layer 3 plugin too old?

David Burrows snadge@ugh.net.au
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 03:32:42 +1100 (EST)

On Sun, 10 Feb 2002, Andy Lo A Foe wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 12:44:40AM +1100, David Burrows wrote:
>
> > My guess is a check to skip over the extra crap (id3 2.0 tag) could solve
> > the problem.
>
> I just committed some changes to CVS, can you check if it works better
> now? It does work on the test.mp3 I downloaded from your site.
> The fix is quite flaky, but so are these mp3 files :-)

It now works for _nearly_ all of them with the odd exception such has
http://www.ugh.net.au/~snadge/test2.mp3

mpg123 has this to say:
Playing MPEG stream from test2.mp3 ...
Found new ID3 Header
MPEG 1.0, Layer: III, Freq: 44100, mode: Joint-Stereo, modext: 0, BPF :
522

I'm starting to think that maybe i should just hexedit the mp3s that don't
work but I would probably end up making them even worse. ;)

Nearly there anyway, and thanks for looking into this for me or I would've
been at it for the next day or two.

Dave.