[Alsaplayer-devel]mpeg layer 3 plugin too old?

Andy Lo A Foe andy@alsaplayer.org
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 10:33:20 +0100

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 04:30:58AM +1100, David Burrows wrote:

> Maybe a faster cpu, motherboard, disk and memory will just fall out of the
> sky and solve that problem for me.  I doubt it unfortunately. :)
>
> Any ideas?

You can still use the old mp3 plugin based on mpg123. The
find_initial_frame() function should be incorporated into it, after which
it will be good to go for a good deal longer. There is I think a tiny bug
in the seek function so scratching will sometimes cause
clicking..nothing serious.

Regs,
Andy