[Alsaplayer-devel]mpeg layer 3 plugin too old?

David Burrows snadge@ugh.net.au
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 03:11:58 +1100 (EST)

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, Andy Lo A Foe wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 04:30:58AM +1100, David Burrows wrote:
>
> > Maybe a faster cpu, motherboard, disk and memory will just fall out of the
> > sky and solve that problem for me.  I doubt it unfortunately. :)
> >
> > Any ideas?
>
> You can still use the old mp3 plugin based on mpg123. The
> find_initial_frame() function should be incorporated into it, after which
> it will be good to go for a good deal longer. There is I think a tiny bug
> in the seek function so scratching will sometimes cause
> clicking..nothing serious.

I've just spent all day having a play with the mpg123 input plugin.  I
have managed to hack in ID3v2 support but it doesn't seem to quite work
properly.  Besides that, the latest version of mpg123 which seems to
handle all that fine is structured a little bit differently, and I am
starting to think it is much better.  Is it possible to upgrade the mpg123
engine to 0.59-s (or r)?

Cheers,

David.