[Alsaplayer-devel]Socket plugin

Andy Lo A Foe andy@alsaplayer.org
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 10:19:26 +0100

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 12:14:34AM -0800, Patrick Shirkey wrote:

> Can you give a brief explanation of what it is intended for so that I can have a better idea of how to approach it please?

Basically it allows an external application to control the workings of
alsaplayer. There are lots of projects that could benefit from this i.e.
your DJ interface can control 2 alsaplayers via the sockets. The
crossfade-bar would lower the volume on one player, while increasing it
on the other, etc..

No relation to jack, other than that the alsaplayers output via jack
(so they will be perfectly synced).

Andy