[Alsaplayer-devel]Back into it.

Patrick Shirkey kotau@firstlinux.net
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 00:22:32 -0800 (PST)

Finally figured out my problem with the gui. I needed to install a more complete version of xfree to get xpm.h linking correctly.

Now I can get into the cj interface again. Unfortunately I don't have my computers online so I can't access the latest improvements. I can work on the gui design though. I want to make the playlist a single gui for all the players that may be running. I think the bast way to do this is to have a long gui that would sit at the bottom of the monitor and have multiple versions of the current playlist gui inside of it. The biggest problem for me is getting it to automatically add a new playlist if a new player is started. The easiest way I can see at the mo is to define how many players in the commandline.

While I'm at it I can start writing some more comments into the code. From what I understand of docbook I just write the commments and docbook processes the files and spits it out into a more readable file. Is that correct? Personally I think docbook is unnecessary for someone who intends to spend time working inside the codebase. As long as all the functions are properly commented that should be enough.

What is your plan?

--
Patrick Shirkey - Boost Hardware Ltd
For the discerning hardware connoisseur