[Alsaplayer-devel]Back into it.

Pieter De Troyer pieter.detroyer@mech.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 09:31:43 +0100 (CET)

Hi Patrick,

> Now I can get into the cj interface again. Unfortunately I don't have my
> computers online so I can't access the latest improvements. I can work
> on the gui design though. I want to make the playlist a single gui for
> all the players that may be running. I think the bast way to do this is
> to have a long gui that would sit at the bottom of the monitor and have
> multiple versions of the current playlist gui inside of it. The biggest
> problem for me is getting it to automatically add a new playlist if a
> new player is started. The easiest way I can see at the mo is to define
> how many players in the commandline.

Perhaps it is easier to implement one playlist which contains sub-lists
grouped by genre or something. You should add some buttons to the playlist
GUI: one for each player started. Those buttons will assign the selected
song to the player who's button you clicked. I think this is easier to
implement than one Gui containing several lists, one for each player. It
is also a more logical thing to do, from the viewpoint of a c(d)j: you
have one box with music and several (cd)players.

just an idea....

greets,

pieter
--
Pieter De Troyer
Researcher @ P.M.A.

"I don't mind going nowhere as long as it's an interesting path."
                -- Ronald Mabbitt