[Alsaplayer-devel]Latest CVS commits

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey@boosthardware.com
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 06:53:48 +0900

 > Andy Lo A Foe wrote:
 >
 > As for the problems some folks seem to be having with a malfunctioning
 > GTK+ interface; can you test if this problem is there with the released
 > 0.99.70 tarball? I  really have no idea why the gtk+ interface could be
 > stalling. The trace that Tim sent in suggest it gets stuck inside
 > gtk_init(), which is really bad. I would appreciate additional traces
 > from other folks with the same problem...

This is what I get with the latest cvs. Also now when I startup the gui
   is just a blank palette. That was happening at the start of the year
but not recently. It seems the bug is directly related to the ability to
draw the images in the gui now.

If I set a breakpoint at 1 then step through I get
into some kind of device initialisation loop that never ends even after
half an hour of stepping

----
(gdb) run -o alsa
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/alsaplayer -o alsa
[New Thread 1024 (LWP 15781)]
[New Thread 2049 (LWP 15782)]
[New Thread 1026 (LWP 15783)]
[New Thread 2051 (LWP 15784)]
[New Thread 3076 (LWP 15785)]
[New Thread 4101 (LWP 15786)]
xrun of at least 378.298 msecs. resetting stream
xrun of at least 370.596 msecs. resetting stream
xrun of at least 409.658 msecs. resetting stream
xrun of at least 394.419 msecs. resetting stream
/usr/local/bin/alsaplayer: relocation error:
/usr/local/lib/alsaplayer/interface/libgtk.so: undefined symbol:
eos__t18string_char_traits1Zc

Program exited normally.
(gdb) run -o alsa
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/alsaplayer -o alsa
[New Thread 1024 (LWP 15787)]
[New Thread 2049 (LWP 15788)]
[New Thread 1026 (LWP 15789)]
[New Thread 2051 (LWP 15790)]
[New Thread 3076 (LWP 15791)]
[New Thread 4101 (LWP 15792)]
xrun of at least 378.267 msecs. resetting stream
xrun of at least 370.694 msecs. resetting stream
xrun of at least 409.655 msecs. resetting stream
xrun of at least 394.300 msecs. resetting stream
/usr/local/bin/alsaplayer: relocation error:
/usr/local/lib/alsaplayer/interface/libgtk.so: undefined symbol:
eos__t18string_char_traits1Zc

Program exited normally.
(gdb) run -o alsa
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/alsaplayer -o alsa
[New Thread 1024 (LWP 15793)]
[New Thread 2049 (LWP 15794)]
[New Thread 1026 (LWP 15795)]

----