[Alsaplayer-devel]No GUI for alsaplayer

Andy Lo A Foe andy@alsaplayer.org
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 13:37:33 +0200

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 06:15:48PM +0900, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> While I'm in nogui land again I am testing out the cdda plugin. I have
> it working now which is novel but using the text interface I can only
> request two files max. It doesn't matter what number they are eg.
> Track01.cdda or Track10.cdda.

There was a bug in the filename parsing routine. It would only parse
names in the form of "Track ##.cdda" and not "Track##.cdda". It would
also not read away the pathname if it was present. I committed a fix
which should work. Please test...

> Another interestng thing (vaguely) is that the cd_disp_TOC function is
> called 3 times when two files are rquested and two times when one file
> is requested.

The playlist might be opening the file to get metadata info. This should
be optimized and possibly an input API update should be made to query
for metadata without the need to do an open call.

I also committed some changes to the text interface. I twill now display
the current playlist item and the total number of tracks in the
playlist e.g. (003/010).

Andy