[Alsaplayer-devel]configuring the bootstrap script

Andy Lo A Foe andy@alsaplayer.org
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 13:53:28 +0200

On Fri, Jun 14, 2002 at 01:01:53PM -0700, Tim Beamish wrote:
> Okay, I'm still trying to get the latest alsaplayer up and running. I've
> done a cvs update on alsaplayer so I have a fresh copy of the code. I
> upgraded autoconf to 2.53. I am trying to compile with gcc 2.95.2.
>
> When I run ./bootstrap it fails on this code:
> ----------------------
> 	if [ "$AC_VER_MINOR" -lt "50" ]; then
> 		if [ ! -e configure.in ]; then
> 			ln -s configure.ac configure.in
> 		fi
> 		echo "If you see some warnings about cross-compiling, don't worry; this is normal."
> 	else
> 		rm -f configure.in
> 	fi
> ----------------------
>
> and removes configure.in. Then when it gets to
> run_cmd aclocal $ACLOCAL_INCLUDE
> it complains that configure.in doesn't exist.

Which version of aclocal do you use?
(I have 1.4-p4)

> checking for ranlib... ranlib
> checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/bin/ld
> checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
> checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
> ltconfig: you must specify a host type if you use `--no-verify'
> Try `ltconfig --help' for more information.
> configure: error: libtool configure failed

I suspect this is also the result of some mismatch in the build tools.
Are you handupgrading autoconf/aclocal, etc?
The list of versions I have installed on my box follows. I can verify
that this combination works:

aclocal (GNU automake) 1.4-p4
autoheader (GNU Autoconf) 2.53
libtoolize (GNU libtool) 1.4.2a
automake (GNU automake) 1.4-p4
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.53

Can you test it with the above versions?

Thanks,
Andy