[Alsaplayer-devel] generic library for loading sound files

Sean D'Epagnier sean at depagnier.com
Mon Dec 17 04:53:10 GMT 2007

Hi, I am attempting to write a program which reads sound files and performs
audio recognition algorithms.  I do need to be able to read the embedded text
in the stream if available.  I have not been able to find a library which makes
it easy to read files from many formats.  I noticed alsaplayer does not make
use of a library, but instead has support for 8 formats in the input directory.

Would it make sense to try to link my application using the input libraries
which would require alsaplayer as a dependency, or should I copy the whole
input directory into my project?  I don't like either solution.. is there
an even better suggestion?

Thanks,
Sean