[Alsaplayer-devel] GPL v.3

MadeJ madejos at o2.pl
Sun Jul 1 08:56:27 BST 2007

Dominique Michel wrote:

> All the input-output plugins are gpl2 or later with the exception of the sparc
> output plugin that doesn't have any copyright information.
>
> Dominique

as far as i know both licenses are incompatible and in ap (according to
notes i read some time ago) there is code from other programs under gpl2
that means that before we can migrate these applications have to do so
or at least we have to check whether they have 'or later' clause (which
should do)
and plugins doesn't mean only plugins themselves but apps/libs they take
from (mad, flac, jack ...) where situations is similar