[Alsaplayer-devel] GPL v.3

Dominique Michel dominique.michel at citycable.ch
Tue Jul 3 22:28:30 BST 2007

Le Mon, 2 Jul 2007 03:01:08 +0200 (CEST),
salsaman at xs4all.nl a écrit :

> On Sun, July 1, 2007 22:31, MadeJ wrote:
> > Dominique Michel wrote:
> >> I am thinking to something as "As-it" or for "educational use" with a
> >> warning
> >> about the fact at installing this plugin will violate the gpl because it
> >> will
> >> be linked against AP and to install AP on a sgi system is not allowed by
> >> the
> >> gpl license.
> >>
> > i think that you will come up with good idea so i can just say do
> > whatever you think is right
> > but moving it from main tree might be a good idea

> You are always free to add extra permissions to the GPL. You can simply say:
>
> "as an exception, this program may be linked against the SGI library ... "
>
> Extra permissions are explicitly allowed by the GPL 3, downstream users
> may remove these permissions (this is how the LGPL and GPL have been
> harmonised for version 3).

I am very busy learning C for now because I will try to fix this cddb DTITLE
issue before next release. But I must fix me some delay too. So I will do
something under this week in any case.

Thank you for pointing this extra permission issue.

> BTW, if/when you release ap under GPL 3, be sure to list it here:
>
> http://gpl3.palamida.com

I will do that.

> FWIW, LiVES is already re-licensed under the GPL 3 or later - I am waiting
> for the Affero GPL 3, and I'll most likely use that when its available.
>

> Gabriel
> http://lives.sf.net

Look nice. I will try it some day.

Dominique

--
Dominique Michel

--
N.B.: Tous les emails que je reçois sont filtrés par spamassassin avant de me
parvenir.