[Alsaplayer-devel] 0.99.80-rc2 and future for AlsaPlayer

Dominique Michel dominique.michel at citycable.ch
Sat Jul 14 10:56:45 BST 2007

Le Sat, 14 Jul 2007 09:46:02 +0100,
MadeJ <madejos at o2.pl> a écrit :

> > I think at default GTK don't apply here because most of the time, we don't
> > want to have duplicated files in the same playlist but just move them
> > around.
> >

> how about interactions with file managers
> i prefer that when i move title over nautilus it'll be copied not moved
> (but if i remember well it wasn't finished)
> and i like to have the same song couple of times in my playlist
> anyway it was initial stuff and i didn't want to waste time on details,
> now we have to polish it so of course it can be done

Well, for me it is 2 different things and I don't know if they can be separated.

a) copy a file from a file manager or a browser to the playlist. Copy must be
the default action.

b) drag a file into the playlist. I think at move must be the default action.

About a) and copying from a browser, it would be nice if it is a checkbox with
an option to do a local copy in some folder of the file.

> > I was thinking to show the path (only the last 2 folder names in the
> > patch). If the file is /home/dom/Musique/Author/Album/song, the display
> > will show "Author - Album" as artist name.
> >
> > What do you think?
>

> how about this ?
>
> /home/madej/boring/song.mp3
>
> you cannot expect that people have everything cataloged nicely

No, but many peoples will do that (at least those with a huge collection I
guess). Maybe a pref option to be able to choose one of those possibility.

Ciao,
Dominique