[Alsaplayer-devel] RC1 tested

Fred. Galusik fred at zenwalk.fr
Sun Jun 17 22:45:07 BST 2007

Hi,

I've built RC1 to test it for Zenwalk Linux (will work on Slack current
too ;))
http://fred.linuxish.net/repo/packages/alsaplayer-0.99.79.99-i486-48.2.tgz

Buildscript and your icon (rescaled to 48x48) here :
http://fred.linuxish.net/repo/sources/alsaplayer/

So, I am very happy with this release. There's now a real light GTK2
player under linux ;)
This is my little test report (and zenwalk users report), if it can help
you.

Here is the destop file made :
I've used the exec command=alsaplayer -E to handle sessions, it can be
nice to make it default.

# .desktop file
cat << "EOF" > $dest/usr/share/applications/$softname.desktop
[Desktop Entry]
Name=Alsaplayer
Name[fr]=Alsaplayer
Comment=audio player
Comment[fr]=lecteur audio
Exec=alsaplayer -E
Icon=alsaplayer
MimeType=audio/x-scpls;audio/x-mpegurl;audio/mpegurl;audio/mp3;audio/x-mp3;audio/mpeg;audio/x-mpeg;audio/x-wav;application/x-ogg
Categories=Application;GTK;AudioVideo;Player;
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Encoding=UTF-8
EOF

To be freedesktop compliant, the icon must be in
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/ (for a 48x48 .png)

Streams are well played, but it should be good if it can be open via the
interface.(open or play stream button)

No crashes for the moment, and it is tested by many users ;)

Keep up the good work.
Best regards

Fred :)