[Alsaplayer-devel] RC1 tested

Dominique Michel dominique.michel at citycable.ch
Tue Jun 19 20:59:22 BST 2007

Le Sun, 17 Jun 2007 23:45:07 +0200,
"Fred. Galusik" <fred at zenwalk.fr> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> I've built RC1 to test it for Zenwalk Linux (will work on Slack current
> too ;))
> http://fred.linuxish.net/repo/packages/alsaplayer-0.99.79.99-i486-48.2.tgz
>
> Buildscript and your icon (rescaled to 48x48) here :
> http://fred.linuxish.net/repo/sources/alsaplayer/

You have funny artworks, I like this one:
http://fred.linuxish.net/artwork/divers/zenbierpc.png -:)

> So, I am very happy with this release. There's now a real light GTK2
> player under linux ;)
> This is my little test report (and zenwalk users report), if it can help
> you.

Thank you, it is good to see at you are supporting AlsaPlayer. More
distributions will support it, more users will use it, and probably also more
devs will be interested to contribute.

> Here is the destop file made :
> I've used the exec command=alsaplayer -E to handle sessions, it can be
> nice to make it default.

I guess at -E is a session management option, not Alsaplayer's -E option (short
for --replace).

What do you call session management. Is it programs such as gnome-session that
will restart the last session at startup or a function of the wm that will
memorize stuffs like the last used size and placement?

> # .desktop file
> cat << "EOF" > $dest/usr/share/applications/$softname.desktop
> [Desktop Entry]
> Name=Alsaplayer
> Name[fr]=Alsaplayer
> Comment=audio player
> Comment[fr]=lecteur audio
> Exec=alsaplayer -E
> Icon=alsaplayer
> MimeType=audio/x-scpls;audio/x-mpegurl;audio/mpegurl;audio/mp3;audio/x-mp3;audio/mpeg;audio/x-mpeg;audio/x-wav;application/x-ogg
> Categories=Application;GTK;AudioVideo;Player;
> Terminal=false
> Type=Application
> Encoding=UTF-8
> EOF
>
> To be freedesktop compliant, the icon must be in
> /usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/ (for a 48x48 .png)

Thanks for the icon, it is good to see at my icon is not so bad looking at
48x48.

> Streams are well played, but it should be good if it can be open via the
> interface.(open or play stream button)

I will talk about it with Madej. Online playlist support will be good to have
too (in fact it is already into gtk2, I just don't get how it work...).

> No crashes for the moment, and it is tested by many users ;)
>
> Keep up the good work.
> Best regards
>
> Fred :)

Cheers,
Dominique

Dominique Michel

--
N.B.: Tous les emails que je reçois sont filtrés par spamassassin avant de me
parvenir.