[Alsaplayer-devel] svn checkout 1240 fixes my gtk2 problem

John Kelleher johnkelleheriii at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 27 17:05:41 BST 2007

svn checkout 1240 fixes my gtk2 problem. Thank you, Madej, for doing
the gtk magic necessary to make this work. Alsaplayer did work on my
old gtk 2.6, but did not in my new gtk 2.10. That's fixed now. I see
that when I now 'grep windows_x_offset -r' in the source directory, I
get zero results, so I guess there was a work-around that could
eliminate this variable in the source. I had tried something primitive
along those lines myself, but I don't know gtk and was completely
unsuccessful. The playlist realization is pretty cool, too!

I do note that a gtk1 option seems not to be there at all in svn 1240,
even as a fall-back, which I guess was discussed previously. That might
be a problem if there are any unknown gtk2 errors still out there. gtk1
is incomplete, true, but it did work as far as it went, and there is a
big difference between 'no available gui' and 'a slightly-defective
gui'.

I am still experiencing the double-line title problem, and have found
another: no song titles at all on another CD. This is a recording of
Chopin works, which I know is correctly fetched by the CD-burning
script abcde. On this CD, Alsaplayer does not save any cddb file at all
in ~/.alsaplayer/cddb -- it really seems not to be finding anything and
reports 'unrecognized song' for every title.

So the cddb fetch is not working perfectly in every instance, but the
main thing is that the CDs themselves play just fine.

Finally, in hopes that it helps, here is the complete cddb file that
demonstrates the double-line title problem. A few of the characters
aren't appearing correctly here):

=========BEGIN CDDB