[Alsaplayer-devel] [Bug] Message "FIXME: f_unsynchronization is set" appears when playing MP3 files

Dominique Michel dominique.michel at citycable.ch
Mon Jan 21 09:47:33 GMT 2008

Le Sun, 20 Jan 2008 16:16:03 +0000,
"Da TemPLaR" <da.templar at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Greetings everyone,

Hi,

Thanks for reporting!

First, I would advice you to update to 0.99.80. -rc1 is a beta release (as
well that the other -rc* releases) and 0.99.80 do have many improvements and bug
fixes. But I guess that this message will still remain because the core player
wasn't modified and that message is coming from the core player, not the
interface.

Could you please provide one of your mp3 file. I guess that it will be too
large for this list, but if you don't have any other solution, you can put it
on a website like http://rapidshare.de/ and send the link on this list.

What is the software you was using to rip the MP3 files?

If possible, you can try to use another options with it and see if the FIXME
message disappear as well as to report here what is the option that cause the
trouble for AlsaPlayer.

> Today, after adding some newly ripped MP3 files to my playing list,
> using alsaplayer 0.99.80-rc1 with its GTK2 interface, the message :
> "FIXME: f_unsynchronization is set.Please contact alsaplayer team.",
> followed by the MP3 filename and path, appeared multiple times in the
> terminal I used to execute the application.
>
> These messages apart, no problems occurred while playing these MP3
> files at normal, faster or reverse speed.
>
> So this bug report is sent only because the "Please contact alsaplayer
> team" is displayed in these message ;-).

Be also aware that I will be on vacation for a little couple of weeks from later
today. I am not sure if my email will not bounce in the meantime due to a lot
of spam I am receiving. So, someone else on this list will have to take a look
on that issue in the meantime.

Cheers,
Dominique

--
Dominique Michel

Mes 3 projets préférés auxquels je contribue:
 * FVWM-Crystal, le bureau basé sur FVWM:
      http://fvwm-crystal.org
 * AlsaPlayer, le lecteur audio avec contrôle de vitesse en continu:
      www.alsaplayer.org
 * L'overlay pour la MAO sous gentoo:
      http://proaudio.tuxfamily.org/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page