[Alsaplayer-devel] 2 alsaplayer daemons running simultaneously

Stefanos Kourtis eskei.one at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 20:10:33 GMT 2010

Hello,

I was wondering if I could somehow start 2 alsaplayer daemons and
control them separately from the command line. What I want to do is dj
using only command line tools. The idea is to write a shell script that
launches two alsaplayer daemons that can be controlled independently,
then use a MIDI library to translate what comes in from /dev/midi to
commands and forward them to one of the two daemons. Eventually, I'm
hoping I'll be able to use a headless setup for djing with my laptop.
Can this be done? If not, any possible alternatives?

Stefanos