PuTTY version 0.60 is released

Simon Tatham anakin at pobox.com
Sun Apr 29 14:14:14 BST 2007

PuTTY version 0.60 is released
------------------------------

All the pre-built binaries, and the source code, are now available
from the PuTTY website at

This is a minor patch release to 0.59; it contains only bug fixes,
and only very minor new features. New features include:

 - Pressing Ctrl+Break now sends a serial break signal in the serial
   back end, and in the SSH and Telnet backends it asks the server
   to do the same (if the server supports it). The previous
   Ctrl+Break behaviour can still be triggered with Ctrl-C.

 - On Windows, it is no longer necessary to configure high-numbered
   serial lines such as COM10 as `\\.\COM10'; PuTTY does this
   automatically.

 - You can now store a host name in the Default Settings.

Bug fixes include:

 - Embarrassingly, both of the major new features in 0.59 (serial
   support and local proxy support) caused frequent crashes on many
   Windows machines. We didn't notice this because for some reason
   they never crashed for us in months of testing!

 - In 0.59, it was possible to lock yourself out of the configuration
   dialog by configuring a serial connection in Default Settings. This
   should no longer be possible.

 - We've had reports of the error message `Unable to read from
   standard input' in Plink 0.59. We've found and fixed one cause of
   this message, and added better diagnostics in case there are
   others.

 - 0.59 could emit malformed SSH-2 packets that upset some servers
   (such as Foundry routers). Fixed.

 - Other minor bug fixes.

Enjoy using PuTTY!

Cheers,
Simon
--
Simon Tatham         "I thought I'd put my foot so far into my mouth I
<anakin at pobox.com>    wouldn't be able to sit down without standing up."