LRUD - when?

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Sat Jul 16 12:41:59 BST 2005

On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 09:49:57PM +0100, Olly Betts wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 05, 2005 at 05:40:23PM -0300, Carlos Gu?no Grohmann wrote:
> > I mean, when we will be able to put LRUD data in our svx file, even if
> > just to get a crossmark on the plots?
>
> Next week!

OK, the code is now in CVS (on the survex 1.1 branch).  Everything so
far seems to work, though there's scope for improvement (for example
LRUD doesn't appear in exported DXF files and isn't preserved by
extend).  LRUD appears on plan and elevation printouts and is used
by aven for the tube models.

I'm leaving for an expedition now.  I was hoping to get a Windows build
of the new stuff uploaded before I left, but despite arguing with it for
several hours last night, it's not quite building for Windows yet.  The
latest problem was that some code for mouse cursor setting which I'm
pretty certain I took from the wxWindows manual wasn't compiling.  Sigh.

Very quick example of how to use LRUD:

*data passage station left right up down ignoreall
1  0.1 2.3 8.0 1.4  Point on left wall
; etc

Each set of passage data is interpreted as a single passage, so you
should split side passages off and put a new *data in front of them.
Also the passage data doesn't have to use every point on the centreline.

Anyway, time for 4 weeks of field testing the new code!