Viewing multiple 3d files

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Thu Dec 7 04:29:44 GMT 2006

On Wed, Nov 15, 2006 at 02:30:33PM +0000, Paul Footleg Fretwell wrote:
> I have some survey 3d files which I want to combine with surface data I
> have generated from an svx file. Is there a way to combine these into a 3d
> file without needing the original survey data used to generate the 3d file
> for the cave?

Try this little utility:

http://www.survex.com/~olly/join3d.exe

Copy it into the directory that Survex is installed in.

Then you need to run it from the command line using:

"C:\Program Files\Survex\join3d.exe" -o new.3d file1.3d file2.3d

It can join any number of files, and they can be any mixture of
filetypes which the img library understands (e.g. Compass plt files).
You can also use it with a single input file to convert the format of a
file to the latest .3d format.

Currently the output is fixed as the very latest .3d file version, so
you'll need Survex 1.1.11 to read it.