[Xapian-devel] Re: [Xapian-commits] Changes in www.xapian.org/ www.xapian.org/.scripts/

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Fri Dec 10 01:39:03 GMT 2004

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 09:26:29AM +0000, James Aylett wrote:
> Assuming Gmane supports gzip and conditional fetching (which it
> should), a robust implementation shouldn't be too hard.

For example:

http://rss.gmane.org/gmane.comp.search.xapian.devel

I checked conditional fetching (i.e. specifying "If-Modified-Since:")
and that definitely works.  Specifying "Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate"
didn't turn on compression, but perhaps I got the runes wrong.  I'll
mention it to Lars, but anyway conditional fetching is much more
important for us since most of the time the file will be unchanged.