[Xapian-devel] About search priority based on field

Scott Zhang macromarship at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 08:35:06 BST 2011

Hello. All.
    I am new to xapian.
    I used lucene and solr in last 3 years. Recently I want to add
search in my desktop C++ application on windows. CLucene is hard to
compile using mingw, took my whole day without success. Xapian took my
whole day either but at last I got it compiled. It works fine.
   I have read some posts and documents about support "Field" by using
prefix in Term. eg: Title: people can be Tpeople.
   What I want to know now is, comparing to lucene/solr, eg: I have a
document with
   Title:
   Publisher:
   Author:
  Is it possible to search over all field by give priority Title >
Author > Publisher?

Thanks.
Regards.
Scott