[Xapian-devel] texlive on Ubuntu halting 'make'

Olly Betts olly at survex.com
Wed Apr 4 05:26:28 BST 2012

On Tue, Apr 03, 2012 at 05:29:11PM -0400, John Terzis wrote:
> They seems to be related to my latex installation which aborted in error
> due to missing entry /etc/texmf/texmf.d/55Fonts.cnf when I tried to apt-get
> install texlive . The error by the texlive installer also indicates that
> the correct version should be available as 55Fonts.cnf.ucf-dist.
> Apparently, after searching for this file using
> apt-file find 55Fonts.cnf.ucf-dist  , it does not appear in my version of
> Ubuntu (11.04). I was curious if anyone else has encountered this issue
> with texlive installation when building on Ubuntu. Google searches on the
> issue reveal that it is in fact a missing component of Ubuntu but there is
> no indication of a method to retrieve the correct file.

I don't think this issue is related to Xapian - it sounds like a bug in
the Ubuntu TeX packages.

I'd try forcing the tex-common package to reinstall and see if that
recreates the missing config file:

sudo apt-get install --reinstall tex-common

If that doesn't fix it, try copying the version from /usr/share I guess:

sudo cp /usr/share/tex-common/55Fonts.cnf /etc/texmf/texmf.d/55Fonts.cnf

But you'll probably need to run update-texmf or something if you fix it
by hand.