[Xapian-devel] GSoC xapian node binding thoughts

James Aylett james-xapian at tartarus.org
Tue May 29 17:03:22 BST 2012

I'd say it's better than to refuse to compile, although it's somewhat moot right now. All numbers will overflow eventually, although I assume in Node yo'd just get IEEE rounding behaviour? Basically, there's no nice solution.

 Slicing / comprehension I mean you return an object that will act as an array but which doesn't read out the data at that point. Obviously has interesting interactions with the async model of Node, but having to think about paging seems like a step back from nice abstractions to me :-(